Very experienced Copywriter and Creative Director. Worked with dozens of international and bluechip clients across the world. Has exceptional creative and strategic ability, excellent leadership and people skills. Highly skilled in receiving a client brief, developing multiple platforms, presenting to all stakeholders and producing and implementing a completely integrated creative campaign. Trained and nurtured many hundreds of junior and student creatives from Europe and Australasia.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Creativity – creates long term, effective, award-winning campaigns. Comfortable working on all types of briefs from localised, bespoke campaigns to international multi-media brand relaunchs.
- Training – 16 years experience in running creative workshops, 1-to-1 mentoring sessions and weekly advertising courses.
- Strategic & Lateral Thinking – excels at macro and micro problem-solving in business and creative fields.
- Salesmanship – the ability to share a creative vision with clients, substantiating presentations with clarity and brand knowledge.
- Craft – has won awards for copywriting and scriptwriting
- Leadership – has managed creative teams and departments for over 10 years, in Europe and Australasia.
- Counselling – completed a Masters in Counselling in 2013.
D & AD x 3, Cannes Finalist x 3, Campaign Press nomination, Campaign Poster nomination, One Show, Creative Circle Silver and Bronze, Midsummer Awards, National Newspaper Awards, Travel Awards, ISPA (Grand Prix,1 Platinum, 3 Golds, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze), Campaign Direct, DMA, Euro ISPA, MCCA, 3 x MAA, Leaf Award.
- Relaunching Saatchi & Saatchi Romania – restructuring their creative department (achieving their first ever awards within the first 3 months) and instigating a new planning and briefing process.
- Helping to set up and run Saatchi & Saatchi Ideas Academy – I was one of three CDs from the network to shape and manage the Academy which was attended by up to 30 European junior creatives.
- Creative coaching – I was hired as Saatchi Europe’s first creative coach. I was parachuted in to any of the network’s offices to help out on pitches, re-branding, training and cover.
- Youngest Creative team on Saatchi’s board – in 1998, at the age of 30, my partner and I were made directors of the main board.
- Double winner of Cannes ‘best agency in the world’ – Saatchi and Saatchi London won the award twice while I was there.
- Winning the National Lottery and The Army accounts – helping to create 2 iconic campaigns in the 90s. The National Lottery tender document took 2 years to put together.
- Part-time lecturer and course assessor at Watford College – the year after leaving the college, I was invited back to teach eventually becoming the external assessor for 6 years.
- Saatchi & Saatchi’s placement system – I managed the creative placement system from 1996 to 2002.
- The Book Club – I organized a monthly matchmaking event for junior copywriters and art directors. The IPA and NABS have now expanded my idea across the industry.
Jan 16 – Present Freelance CD/Copywriter
Jan 14 - Nov 15 Senior Writer DDB Melbourne
Jan 10 – Dec 13 Attaining a Masters in Counselling
July 06 – Nov 09 Global CD Partygaming
Accounts: Partypoker, Partycasino, Partybets, Partybingo, Partymarkets, Partygammon, Gamebookers.
Nov 04 – June 06 Creative coach/roving ECD Saatchi Europe
(Romania, Austria, Denmark, Spain, Holland, Russia, Switzerland, Italy, UK)
Accounts: Toyota, Lexus, T-Mobile, Orange, A1 (telecom), Campari, European Drinks, Ciuc beer, Cafedirect, CocaCola.
May 03 – March 04 Associate CD Y & R Melbourne, Australia
Accounts: TAB, Cadbury Schweppes, James Boag (Beer), Miele.
July 02 – March 03 Senior Writer Saatchi & Saatchi Wellington, NZ
Accounts: Whittaker’s Chocolate, Nicholas Blanchet (Fashion), Telecom, Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Jan 93 – June 02 Board Director/ Senior Writer Saatchi & Saatchi London, UK
Accounts: The National Lottery, The British Army, Toyota, Carlsberg Tetley, P & G, Burtons Foods, Gallagher, British Airways, British Telecom, The MS Society, Club 18-30, Commission for Racial Equality, Gun Control Network, XFM, Puma, Janet Reger, National Aids Trust, Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society.
Sept 91 – July 92 Watford Copywriting Course